CATEGORIES: Internships USLS
Help the Spanish-speaking community in the state of Iowa with the goal of providing information, resources and support for the Iowa community.
Complete community internship working as a Spanish-speaking helpline assistant with Sonia Reyes at the Iowa Department of Human Rights (IDHR). This counts towards USLS minor. Internship requirement of 130 hours for 3 credits in one semester.
Click here for official posting information.
- Answer the line in Spanish, do an intake, provide information or assign the caller to a case manager
- Do research and connect assigned callers with the resources, services and advocacy needed
- Call service providers to ensure that there is no language barrier for the caller when making a referral
- Develop easier processes for callers
- Create and implement an outreach plan for La Línea.
For more information, contact Dr. Lucía Suárez at email@example.com
To register, contact Flor Romero-Slowing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alissa Whitmore (email@example.com)